Use this as your base to see the top ten sights Perthshire has to offer.
Remember taymouthcourtyard.com/shop/ is open everyday except Christmas Day.
- **Location:** Perthshire, often referred to as "Big Tree Country", is located in central Scotland. It's known for its stunning landscapes, including hills, lochs, and forests.
- **Perth:** The county town of Perthshire is Perth, a historic city on the banks of the River Tay. It's known for its beautiful parks, cultural events, and shopping opportunities.
- **Scone Palace:** Perthshire is home to Scone Palace, the ancient crowning place of Scottish kings. The palace is surrounded by beautiful gardens and hosts events throughout the year.
- **Tay Forest Park:** This forest park is one of Scotland's national scenic areas. It covers a large area of highland Perthshire and is home to some of the country's most iconic landscapes and wildlife.
- **Blair Castle:** Located near the village of Blair Atholl, Blair Castle is a historic building with a rich history dating back to the 13th century. It's now open to the public for tours and hosts various events.
- **Whisky Distilleries:** Perthshire is known for its whisky distilleries. Some of the most famous ones include Edradour, the smallest traditional distillery in Scotland, and the Blair Athol distillery.
- **Outdoor Activities:** Perthshire offers a wide range of outdoor activities, including hiking, mountain biking, fishing, and golfing. It's a popular destination for those looking to explore the Scottish outdoors.
- **Famous Trees:** The region is home to some of the oldest and tallest trees in the UK, including the Fortingall Yew, believed to be one of the oldest living things in Europe, and the UK's tallest tree, a Douglas fir.
- **Wildlife:** Perthshire is rich in wildlife, including red squirrels, pine martens, and golden eagles. There are several nature reserves and wildlife parks in the region where visitors can learn about and observe these species.
- **Events:** Perthshire hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including the Perth Festival of the Arts, the Scottish Game Fair, and the Enchanted Forest light show in the autumn. Perthshire is a diverse and beautiful region with a lot to offer visitors, whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities.