Kenmore is a charming village located in Perthshire, Scotland. If you're planning a visit in September, here's what you can expect and some activities to consider:
In September, autumn is beginning to show its colors in Perthshire. The weather is relatively mild but starts to cool down. You can expect temperatures ranging from 8°C to 15°C (46°F to 59°F). It's always a good idea to bring layers and be prepared for rain, as Scotland can be unpredictable
- **Visit #Taymouth Courtyard Shop** where takeaway coffee is available all day. #Arran Ice Cream is served between 9am and 5pm. Lots of local #Perthshire produce available as well as gifts for those who dare to think of #Christmas. Free parking. This is also the home of www.foodofscotland.com Make this your base for exploring Kenmore.
- **Loch Tay:** Enjoy boat rides or simply take a walk around the loch to appreciate the serene beauty.
- **The Scottish Crannog Centre:** Learn about ancient Scottish life on the loch and find out when the new Crannog will be completed on the other side of the loch. A Crannog is a type of ancient loch dwelling.
- **Walking and Hiking:** Perthshire is known as "Big Tree Country" for its impressive forests. The autumn colors make September a particularly beautiful month for woodland walks. Popular spots include the Birks of Aberfeldy and Drummond Hill.
- **Golf:** Like much of Scotland, Perthshire has some lovely golf courses. Kenmore itself has a golf course that you might want to try.
- **Fishing:** The River Tay is famous for salmon fishing, and September can be a good month for it.
- **Local Festivals:** There might be local events or festivals happening in September. It's a good idea to check the local calendar or ask around when you arrive.
Remember to book accommodations in advance if you're visiting during a popular period. Our hot tip would be www.taymouth.co.uk Whether you're into outdoor activities, history, or just relaxing in a picturesque setting, Kenmore in September can offer a delightful experience.