To get the most out of your visit to Kenmore it is always best to have a car or some mode of transport, but fear not, if you do not.
All this is right on your doorstep.
- **Walking:** The village and surrounding areas are well-known for their picturesque scenery. Explore the local area on foot, following walking trails that lead through woods, past lochs, and into the hills. One of the most popular trails is the Rob Roy Way, which passes through Kenmore.
- **Cycling:** You can rent a bike and explore the many cycle paths and trails that are available in and around Kenmore. The quiet country lanes and scenic routes make cycling a great way to see the area.
- **Loch Tay:** Enjoy the beautiful scenery and maybe even enjoy a boat safari on Loch Tay. It is one of Scotland's largest and most scenic lochs. You can also go kayaking, canoeing, or paddleboarding on the loch.
- **Golf:** Kenmore has a golf course where you can spend a leisurely day playing golf, surrounded by beautiful Scottish countryside.
- **Scottish Crannog Centre:** Visit the Scottish Crannog Centre, an award-winning museum dedicated to the history and culture of the ancient crannog dwellers. You can learn about how these people lived, their tools, crafts, and even experience a reconstructed crannog.
- *Bird Watching and Wildlife Watching:** Kenmore and its surroundings are home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, otters, and various bird species. White Tailed Sea Eagles and Ospreys can often be spotted gliding above the loch and in the trees around it. Bring binoculars and explore the area's natural beauty while looking for local wildlife.
- **Local Events and Festivals:** Kenmore often hosts local events and festivals throughout the year, such as the Highland Games and the Perthshire Open Studios. Check the local events calendar and see if anything is happening during your visit.
- **Dining:** Kenmore has some excellent food options, none better than The Courtyard Bar and Restaurant where you can try traditional Scottish cuisine and locally-sourced produce. Enjoy a meal in a picturesque setting and take in the views of the surrounding landscape.
- **Shopping** For everything you need for the perfect picnic or stay at home dinner visit www.taymouthcourtyard.com We have a great range of wines spirits and beers as well as ready made meals and the best ice cream in Perthshire
Remember that even though you may not have a car, you may still be able to use local bus services, taxis, or hire a bike to get around the area. Kenmore is a charming town with a lot to offer, and you can still have a great time exploring it even without a car.Back to Blog